PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New RAF TV advert for women
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2019, 15:31
350 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of posters here have clearly made up their mind about political correctness gone mad. Only saving grace is they're not serving any more so their comments couldn't matter less!
You're the one who seems to have made up their mind as evidenced by the fact that you would rather hurl personal insults than actually discuss the topic.

If I was someone looking at joining and read half the crap here I wouldn't dream of it, thinking I might come up against the idiots we see here.
Intersting. Have you considered that the advert may actually turn off some of the potential recruits from your main source of manpower? I'm talking about young men by the way. Many young men turn to military service as a way to prove themselves "as a man." You can argue whether or not that's silly or shortsighted all you want but that's just the psyche of young men coming of age and trying to find their place in this world. A lot of those guys are going to look at that ad and think "Why would I want to prove or challenge myself by joining an organization full of women talking about the tactical lipgloss and maxipads?"

And, before anybody has a go, if you took offence at what's been said, it's already too late for you. Go dribble in your retirement home.
I don't think anyone is offended here except for the person hurling personal insults.