PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New RAF TV advert for women
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2019, 08:59
typerated

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
What if I said:

In my experience men make much better students than women. They are smarter, more aggressive and work much harder.

Or:

In my experience white students are far better than BAME students.

Or:

Straight students are for better than homosexual students.

Those statements are clearly rubbish and not true (for the record I do not believe any of the above and anyone who chooses to selectively quote me without reference to the whole post is an idiot).

In my five instructional tours to date I have taught many students. If I’m honest I would not place any of the females in the top twenty students I have taught. But I wouldn’t place them in the bottom twenty either.

I haven’t flown with every female pilot. Some of them may be the best there is and I feel sure many of them are better than me. That’s great. But why does it matter? In my opinion they were good pilots. Just like everyone else.

I think this modern trend of virtue signaling is not actually helpful. I would guess that the ‘minorities’ would rather just get on with their job.

If you truly believe that a woman was the best pilot you ever flew with then great, I won’t question it. I would suggest you remember her far more than anyone else because she stood out.

I understand the recruitment aims and I don’t have a problem with them. We just need to treat everyone the same and problem solved.

As I have said previously I have children of both genders so I want them all to succeed. But I don’t want any of them to expect special treatment.

BV

Bob - you sound like my wife!