PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2019, 15:41
Fzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Loose rivets
Fzz, one post shortly before yours shows the AoA diverging from a commons zero with distinct slopes.
Ignoring the very left hand side of the graph, it looks to me like neither AoA indicator reads zero until the airspeed increases. This isn't surprising - without airspeed, we'd not expect them to read the same. After airspeed increases, the right AoA settles to zero and the left settles to 20 degrees. Thereafter, the left maintains a constant offset. The information from the previous flight seemed more interesting, as there the offset was not constant - it changed around rotation. If the problem was a fixed offset due to a stuck bit, we'd expect the offset to be constant after the aircraft has airspeed.

What happens at the very left hand side? I've no idea - but I wouldn't necessarily expect the AoA to read zero with no airspeed.

Edit: I think I was reading the previous flight graph wrong. That one also seems to settle into a constant offset as soon as the aircraft has airspeed, rather than around rotation. In which case this does not rule out a digital error.

Last edited by Fzz; 28th Mar 2019 at 16:01. Reason: correction