PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I thought they were grounded?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2019, 16:40
DaveReidUK

Received 201 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by Simplythebeast
As the OP I would just like to point out that Im not a spotter but an ex RAF Technician with a continuing interest in aviation.
It seemed a little odd to me that the Max was still flying some time after the ban but the reasons were explained by someone a little more helpful than yourself. Should you be bored by threads such as this one you are not actually required to get involved with your pointless input but if you do feel the need to chip in with pointless comments thats okay too.

Well now that you've got that off your chest, allow me to compound my sin by tactlessly pointing out that the terms of the grounding restrictions were extensively discussed two weeks ago when they were first put in place. At the risk of being inadvertently helpful, here's a link:

Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
"Special flight permits may be issued in accordance with 14 CFR 21.197 and 21.199, including to allow non-passenger carrying flights, as needed, for purposes of flight to a base for storage, production flight testing, repairs, alterations, or maintenance."

Nothing has changed since then.