PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Pilot Training
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2019, 05:05
Seagull201

Originally Posted by LeadSled
aussie1234,
Why assume Australians will be (in the majority) employed??

In a phone call yesterday an interesting scenario was sketched out to me (and NO!!, it wasn't Dick) , involving exploiting the existing immigration laws as they apply to students who have done something like a university degree or similar here.

Under "appropriate" circumstances, graduated student can remain for post-graduate training and experience for some years, and for the lucky (canny) few, it can lead to Australian permanent residence and later, citizenship.

You can work out the rest --- kids under contract from China, India or wherever do however many years the law allows gaining "post graduate experience" as F/Os before they have to return home, producing a steady supply of RHS chairwarmers, or alternatively, junior instructors "gaining experience" to do the bulk of the flying training in a MPL course where the actual flight time is "as per the syllabus".

As for the "terms and conditions" --- the sundry awards and contracts would not necessarily automatically apply.

The bean counters reign, and everybody else gets soaked.

Tootle pip!!
A person that holds an Australian/CASA CPL/NVFR/GDE 3 Instructor Rating, as a minimum qualification, can ONLY be employed, as a Flight Instructor in Australia.

A person must have the OZ qualifications, of a CPL/GDE 3 Rating to work here.

You will notice, that post graduate training is ONLY available to University degrees (law/finance/medical/etc), NOT to 12 to 18 month flying courses.

**The other issue is, I have read a while ago, that "cadet pilot's from Asian region airlines"," that train here", don't obtain CASA CPL/IR qualifications whilst training here!
They obtain qualifications that are applicable to their own country of origin, THEREFORE, these cadets/persons, CANNOT work as instructors in OZ, AS THEY, don't hold a CASA CPL/license.
I think the above is a valid point to consider!