PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IT meltdown
Thread: IT meltdown
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2019, 12:19
unitedabx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Herbert Phillips
With respect, there is no way of you knowing whether or not I am/was one of the 'areseholes' (sic) who climbed 'there' (sic) way up the greasy pole and 'runined' (sic) the airline, just as I have no way of knowing you don't use a spell checker.

The sadness to which I refer is not with respect to what has happened to the airline but for you as an individual. While employed you were unable to influence the direction of the airline and it's unlikely that you'll be able to do anything in retirement. Like you, I rue the changes that have taken place over the past 20+ years but they happened and I doubt very much that the airline will return to the halcyon days. My point is that life is too short to live with the bitterness of events that happened in the past, especially ones over which you had little control. Perhaps it's time to move on and enjoy your well-earned retirement without having to revisit the apparent focus of your resentment?
You point is well taken but with a daughter and son-in-law in the company I have a vested interest. Don't worry, I have a life outside CX and HKG but I like to keep stirring the pot. Allow me this pleasure.