PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB Report on Tiger Moth stall/spin fatal accident
Old 24th Mar 2019, 06:10
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts
Devil

The following has absolutely nothing to do with the actual subject of the thread, but some fellow ppruners may find it interesting;

As I type this there is a glass of a good Barossa Shiraz in front of me.. oh yes, and my late Father's RAAF log book.

On the first page it notes that he flew his first solo at No 1 EFTS Parafield, in DH 82 AM-624 on August 9th 1943, having previously logged 10hrs 50 minutes Flying Instruction time. His Instructor was for the most part a F/O Craven.

I remember Dad telling me that he sang out loud to himself for the entire circuit!

I also remember one of his favourite sayings which related across to being a Glider Instructor many years later was,
I saw him crash, I saw him burn.
He held off bank in a Gliding turn.

His relation of the story of the Yankee Marauder Pilot who crashed his aircraft off the end of one runway is a story for another thread.