PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A DC-9-32 weight and loading chart. How to find the CG in % of MAC?
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 09:49
MaverickSu35S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A DC-9-32 weight and loading chart. How to find the CG in % of MAC?

Hello,

I'm not an airline pilot therefore I have no training in using or completely understanding these types of charts. What I am looking for in this document's charts is the center of gravity position limits as percentages of MAC, which I personally believe to be the reference that pilots need in order to prepare their plane for takeoff. All that I get from these charts seem to be some type of weights versus other type of weights. I was expecting to see one type of weight (either TOW or ZFW) versus CG position in % of MAC in order to find the optimum stab trim setting, but all I can find is a weight versus another, which personally doesn't make any sense to me for being a balance reference! Maybe I misunderstand it and I don't know yet how to "extract" the CG's position in MAC% from it! May someone please give me an idea what would it be useful with to have Actual ZFW versus Actual Index ZFW in a balance chart (I consider it a balance chart) in order to set up your trim?

Here's the chart which I'm talking about:

Thanks!