PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 23:24
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Having read every post since the first crash I'm at a loss as to how we're not, for the most part, progressing logical thought.

To see this 'Why didn't they fly the plane'. chanted out again and again is beyond offensive. The congressman has "been in contact with . . ." etc., etc. I'm sure he would have handled the MAX like a Warbird, and saved the day.

For the first time in many, many years on PPRuNe, I'm allowing myself to really bristle at some of the posts.

There are so many factors coming out of the woodwork. The Seattle Times was the first to spell out some of the home truths. The technical article today left me astonished. The rear switch (in the column) removed, and the function of the left and right Stabilizer cut out switches changed in the MAX. ??? Have I missed these points? Are they not correct? They're major factors.

'gums' has a lot of experience and his considered thoughts today about being in the hot seat for those first moments says a lot. Mostly, the problem was NOT bloody obvious, it was, insidious - proceeding in a gradual, subtle way, but with very harmful effects. A word I chose carefully in one of my earlier posts.