PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Chief Pilots and the 'Old Boy' network . . .
Old 30th Aug 2001, 01:56
Holt CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

To the Guvnor
Thank you for your reply. I most sincerely hope that A will not be … ah, as you said. First let me say to all that I did not put this in order that I might receive 'legal' advice. I advise on this, and several other related issues, as we speak. What I would like to know is whether this is commonplace, whether it sounds familiar, and whether any Pruners have suffered similar experiences. I would also appreciate comment as to whether you, as aviators, believe A and/or B has behaved badly?
[Later edit: The Guvnor, I am sure you are aware that many contracts are made without witnesses present. Further, not all contractual terms are necessarily to be found within the 'four corners' of a written document.]

To slj
Please, kind sir, I am not Chief Justice Holt come back to haunt, merely Holt CJ, novice Pruner. Responding to yours: there is no witness. A and B sat alone in the recruitment interview, and B now denies telling A any such thing. Important point: there was no ‘offer of rebate travel’, nor does A allege this. What is alleged is that B agreed to support A in obtaining a regular, low-cost fare. A states that such a fare is readily obtainable when an airline makes application for an employee travelling to and from duty as opposed to toodling off on hols with family, etc. I see the way you are thinking, but I am inclined toward the contractual breach rather than misrep. You know, frustration, implied term, collateral contract, whatever. There is not, in my mind, a ‘bonding issue’, or even a HumRts issue, here. I intend to express my mind fully at some later stage.

Meanwhile, I do hope my friends on this site are interested in this poser and do not, as before, feel I am boring them with … ‘legal blah’, I think was said. If I am, then, on the basis of recent past experience, I will no doubt be very quickly, even brutally, advised.

[ 29 August 2001: Message edited by: Holt CJ ]