PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 14:48
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
That article is a complete load of rubbish. There is another article, even worse written by another American expert. The consensus is that all non American pilots are inexperienced and simply flying the plane solves the problem. Also, the second article goes on to say that the control column stab trim cut out is inhibited by MCAS but conveniently and lazily omits to mention that Boeing never gave any info to pilots how MCAS functions and ergo they would not know. Apparently there have been no incidents of MCAS malfunctioning in continental North America, anecdotally untrue. The inference that superior American piloting skills would have saved the day is objectionable and untrue. I have flown globally on 737s with American pilots and they are as good or the converse as any other nationality. I am fed up with reading drivel from presumably vested interests. This will be my only post on this matter. RIP to those on Ethiopian and Lionair.

olster, 10,000 hours cap / instructor etc on B737 variants if anyone is interested.