PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 00:45
HarryMann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BobM2
It is amazing the amount of Boeing bashing on this forum. Boeing has made tens of thousands of safe & efficient airliners for more than half a century & that's why there are more Boeings than anything else. Every airplane design is a compromise that needs to be tweaked in one way or another to meet certification requirements. This process takes many months & involves much actual test flying. The much maligned MCAS was a tweak to meet an obscure certification requirement that was probably never going to be encountered in the life of the airplane. A lot of effort over decades has gone into making the aircraft as safe & foolproof in operation as possible. But, how do you design for an airline that flies an aircraft for three days with unreliable airspeed, maintenance that then compounds the problem with a bad AOA installation, & flight crews that still try to complete the flight with a continuous stick shaker? We don't know yet about Ethiopian, but if it was the same malfunction after all the warnings & publicity worldwide from Lion Air, then that is the height of incompetence.
Yes, though that Bob is why you as a manufacturer should Tell them what the heck you've done to the stab trim circuit... which it sounds ominously like was poorly or undocumented. Nor we are told, was much if anything made of it as a 'difference' feature in any training (?).

I've a rare option Ford Focus Ghia without ABS brakes, which i hate (ABS that is)...
When I maybe have to buy one with ABS I'd hope the Driver's Handbook actually mentioned the fact !