PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2019, 15:21
1_of_600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GarageYears
I cannot say definitively, but the latest simulators generally use the SAME software load, delivered as a binary, as the aircraft.

Since MCAS is 'contained' within the FMC, I have no reason to doubt that MCAS would be implemented within the binary and therefore available to be trained.

However, whether there is a specific malfunction for "AOA sensor failed high" is another question. Somewhere I may have a malfunction list from a recent simulator, but that would take some time and effort to dig up.

However, be aware, there are only five (5) 737MAX FFS simulators in the world operating currently (4 with Boeing Flight Services and 1 with Air Canada).

- GY
See earlier post: #1419 on this thread.

The (few) MAX simulators in existence have the capability to train for events that are defined in the QRH. If it ain't in the QRH, it ain't in the sim's list of malfunctions / trainable events. Period. This was by deliberate choice.

Does MCAS fault appear in the QRH? Fair bet that stab runaway does, but that's a different thing from successive 2.5 degree increments isn't it?

The software in the simulators comes from the same source as the QRH.
The simulator industry has also changed A LOT in the past several years.