PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine - old aircraft
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2019, 04:14
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've flown with Motor Sich,in the distant past, a few times both on AN24 and AN140, indeed I've flown on many an AN24 around Ukraine as well as a Dneproavia Yak42 and some other outfit's TU134, apparently a problem with the AN24 is that it doesn't perform on one engine.

Zaporozhye (OZH) airport was a dump, the domestic terminal being a corrugated tin shack, the toilet being a bucket behind a curtain, and on new year's day morning was none too warm whilst our AN24 flight was delayed for a few hours due to fog in Kiev ... And retiring to the international terminal wasn't much better, delapidated cinema seating with tumbleweed blowing around outside not tomention the stray dogs.

Even the AN140 flight KBP/OZH was delayed whilst one girl had a boarding pass for seat 1A but because there is a cargo door there are no seats 1A&B, we landed in a raging snowstorm in OZH

As fot the Yak42 KBP/DNK, my god it was primitive, cabin crew came round with a kettle of water and one made their own cup of tea, it was Christmas and I'd been on the Slavutich most of the day, one needed to be p1ssed to fly on the thing