PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ATP to EASA ATP-L in Germany
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2019, 07:52
CapitalB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A guy at my flight school came over here with a FAA CPL (no prior experience apart from 300-400 hours on small AC) he's been doing the whole integrated theory course with us, has to study for the exams just like anyone and to take them just as anyone does that has no experience flying whatsoever.

So from what I've heard from him it's massive pain and there are huge differences to the way the same subjects are taught in the US - BUT it is doable. Just as previously described, its a load of bollocks and you need the stamina to power through all of that.

If you do speak german and you want a recommendation on schools just drop me a PM. I've been through the whole process of choosing one two years ago and might be able to give some sort of advice at least. If you don't speak german it might be easier to check out English or Austrian schools as I don't know of any german school that teaches their ATPL subjects completely in English. There are some really bad schools out there tho so be careful. When I started the biggest red flag that I encountered were schools that asked for loads of money in advance, thats usually the first indication that somethings really going wrong there.

Anyway I hope you'll find something that works for you and all the best!