PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2019, 01:02
CONSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rananim
I counted 14 and missed the gorilla.But thats not important.Whats important is that
Mullenberg doesnt miss the elephant in the room the next time round.
Boeing screwed the pooch on 3 counts:
-------->clandestine installation of MCAS
-------->MCAS activation based on single sensor
-------->failure to provide MAX simulators in good time for an aircraft whose differences cannot be trained on an ipad

Mullenberg is an MA in aeronautics and by all accounts a well-rounded guy.He has a good engineering background.
Hopefully hes the type who knows exactly whats going on on that assembly line and involved in the "nuts and bolts"
from the ground up.
The MAX can be safe,they just have to come clean and fix it.....and then win the flying public back again.I wish them
luck because in general they build great airplanes.
++++
Mullenberg is an MA in aeronautics and by all accounts a well-rounded guy.He has a good engineering background.
Hopefully hes the type who knows exactly whats going on on that assembly line and involved in the "nuts and bolts"
from the ground up.

I'm sure he will be first in line for
from WSJ

By
Andrew Tangel,Andy Pasztor andRobert Wall
March 17, 2019 8:20 p.m. ET The U.S. Department of Transportation is investigating the Federal Aviation Administration’s approval of Boeing Co.’s BA 1.52% 737 MAX jetliners, according to people familiar with the probe, an unusual inquiry into potential lapses in federal safety approvals for new aircraft.The inquiry focuses on a safety system that has been implicated in the Oct. 29 Lion Air crash that killed 189 people, according to a government official briefed on its status. Aviation authorities are looking into whether the anti-stall system may have played a role in last week’s Ethiopian Airlines crash, which killed all 157 people on board.
On Sunday, Ethiopia’s transport minister, Dagmawit Moges, said there were “clear similarities” between the two crashes. U.S. officials cautioned that it was too early to draw conclusions because data from the black boxes of the Ethiopian Airlines plane still need to be analyzed. . . .