PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2019, 21:15
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brussels

Originally Posted by Rutan16

Brussels have been operating a Saturday Geneva -Dublin rotation for Swiss for much of the winter already.

LH Group are becoming masters of cross fleeting these days with Air Dolimiti flying for parent from Munich, whilst Austrian flying for Swiss near daily and indeed operating a few long haulers from Munich l

I have little simpathy with Zulu on his problems choosing to go via Brussels to The Canaries . There are a host of UK options available, and it’s icronic he ends up going from Heathrow at the expense of LH group on Oneworld carrier !
Yes SN A319 each Saturday on GVA-DUB this winter and it would have been planned way before the recent problems with Cityjet/Nostrum at BHX, no doubt partly blamed on the SU95 removal although ironically the service seemed to be way more reliable with them.

A bit harsh on Zulu although I know what you mean but at BHX especially if restricted to the weekend then there is not a lot of choice, Jet2 today was sold out a while ago, TUI is basically an IT (today also) and that is it and nothing tomorrow. if you can fly weekdays then not too bad as FR and LS are usually reasonable and Thomas Cook have restated as well. In winter Personally I would try and avoid some hubs in winter with SN struggling, CDG blighted by random strikes and multi-runway AMS having cancellations due cross-winds, which I believe is due to imposed restrictions.

Terminal and airfield works

Contract awarded and includes he Elmdon site and airfield reconfiguration. MAEL hangar formally up for sale as well

BHX Press release

Pete