PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2019, 12:57
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brussels

Originally Posted by ZULUBOY
Well we got a message at 9pm last night saying flight would be delayed by 3 hours this morning thus missing our connection to LPA. They have rebooked us LHR to LPA with BA so we are now on the train to Heathrow at our own expense. Interesting that the plane we were due to take this morning landed on time from Brussels last night for the night-stop so not sure what the issue is
They will probably claim weather causing knock-on crewing issues and of course when you sub out a route to another airline operating a mini-fleet at the hub (Air Nostrum/Cityjet BRU) the service is at risk to disruption but this is avoidable with planning by Brussels Airline but I suspect their masters across the border are pulling the strings in respect of cost-savings

More to cheer you up - A Brussels Airlines A319 is currently flying for Swiss Geneva - Dublin so the parent airline is not short of aircraft if they can sub them out. Looking at this thread and Bristol - Brussels discussion on the Bristol thread it seems chaos is the way to describe them but not helped by the weather.

Just to rub salt in, the other SN Air Nostrum CRJX operated on time into Brussels this morning and most of the SN network is on time today other than your original aircraft running late back into Manchester. Therefore weather does not appear to be the main problem today but more likely crew hours or tech. Of course the crew hours might have been caused by the weather. The early morning departure crew I think normally arrives the day before on SN2047 which yesterday was not a CRX but an ex SAS Cityjet CRJ9 so I assume this is the issue. I doubt you can fly an Irish Registered CRJ9 one day and then a Spanish registered CRJX the next but could be wrong and maybe there wasn't a dead-head crew available (doubt there would be room on the flight for spare crew).

Air India - It was the last day today but cancelled. Still bookable from April and fares in May are normal.

Pete