PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2019, 18:47
rdejo793

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why not....

Dear gents

I followed this thread for a few days. the cause of the accident of the ET seems to point in the direction of a MCAS system activated due to a faulty AoA sensor and the crew nor being aware of the real problem.
In the first place, as mentioned allready in other posts, such a crucial system operating on a sole sensor (if this is correct) without any indication of "MCAS active" is an absolute nogo.
My proposition: install a "MCAS active" indicator/annunciator light right in front of the pilots (glareshield) and if this warning gets active together with a "AoA" disagree message on the ECAM, every pilot, even probably a 200 flighthour copi in ET, knows what to do right away.....
By heart item..... Stabilizer Motor Cut off Switches to OFF. ...... and then sort out the problem.
I am aware of the thing.....yet another warning.... I flew Airbus 330 and 340 for abt 7 years and know abt the random and erronuous multiple failures (luckily only in the Sim) on the AB ECAM, which can drive you nuts.
But as I remeber in the old days, on the MD-80 we had this big "STALL" warning flashing light right in front of us, impossible not to notice this one when activated.

And @ FC eng84.... thanks for all yr explanations, great stuff