PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2019, 16:57
deltafox44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Kremin
You must be looking at different data then.
The vertical speed is positive but nothing happens to the altitude till 207 knots is reached. The other possible scenario, which is probably more likely, may be that the aircraft was carrying out a Flaps 1 takeoff, which would be consistent with the speeds reached on the runway at rotate and the gear up call, (the 182 knots). The brand new FO, who at 200 hours may have been doing his first line sector, then inadvertently selected flap up instead of gear up. The aircraft settled back on to the runway and the captain rotated again at 207 knots, which would be a normal recovery, but now the MCAS is activated in a hot and high, extremely low altitude situation.

We will know soon anyway. The flight recorders are being looked at now in Germany.
I'm referring to FR24 CSV data sheet downloaded from their blog : https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/f...es-flight-302/

"nothing happens to the altitude till 207 knots is reached" : yes, altitude when reaching 207 kts is 7300 ft, it has been continuously rising for 16 seconds since 7075 ft at 182 kts

I admire your perspicacity (or is it imagination ?) but initiating rotation 225 ft above runway level puzzles me