PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP's For Emerald
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2003, 19:04
Doctor Cruces

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ghost-rider,

Commercial manager was MOBs hatchet man when I was there.
Stick up for the troops, not likely. The Ops Manager didn't even stick up for the troops and one of the troops was MOBs mole and reported to him as soon as he came in in the mornings.

MOB was VERY good to the aircrew because the operation would collapse without them. Unfortunately, he didn't think the same about ops.

Ops were blamed for everything that resulted from the shortage of aircrew, u/s aircraft etc, you name it, if it went wrong it was Ops fault. I remember ops telling the commercial manager NOT to sell a particular flight when he asked if it could be done. He went ahead anyway and when it couldn't be crewed without screwing up the nights/next days flying prog, naturally it was ops fault.

If you can get a job ANYWHERE else, do it even in Outer Mongolia, or at least be prepared.

Most, other than the die hards, only stay long enough to find another job.

Best of luck mate

Fred Shed,

Agree with your last, Ops did, and probably still do, a FANTASTIC job under the most awful conditions and drag factors imaginable. As I said before, nobody listens and when it all goes wrong nobody remembers Ops said "not a good idea", and it's all ops fault.

Doc C