PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Chief Pilots and the 'Old Boy' network . . .
Old 27th Aug 2001, 20:36
tilii

The Guvnor

Goodness me, Guv, I find myself in whole-hearted agreement with you! It has been a long time since I felt this way. It feels good.

On Holt CJ's words above, I must say I am very sorry to read what he says there but I too concur. In fact, I do feel that I have myself been guilty of being one of the "squabbling, puerile rabble". And that does not feel good.

What a shame to see such an interesting contributor withdraw. But who can blame him. Some of the attacks on this thread have been nothing short of downright malicious. Some lawyers may well deserve it, but there is no doubt that the majority do not. Much the same may be said of us pro pilots. Some are as Holt describes, some not. It does seem that there are too many of the former among PPRuNers.

I have learned a great deal from this thread, and not simply about the law.

Come back, Holt CJ, we need more of you on this website. But do try to keep the posts a little shorter, if only because some of us have a very brief attention span.