PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Chief Pilots and the 'Old Boy' network . . .
Old 27th Aug 2001, 19:27
The Guvnor

Thumbs down

Once again I must draw certain people's attention to the information on the home page, viz:

Air Traffic Controllers, Engineers, Cabin Crew, Operations, Crewing and Rostering staff are also welcome as well as anybody else with a connection or interest in professional aviation.
CJ Holt's interesting, informative and above all erudite posts on this thread were considerably more interesting than the misspelt drivel spouted by some.

I must concurr with him in that it appears to me that the quality of postings has diminished considerably and has become much more vicious - with attacks being made against individuals rather against the issues raised.

This has, to the best of my knowledge, resulted in at least two people saying that they no longer wish to participate in these forums within the past 24 hours.

I suggest that we look at his comments on conduct here: "I laboured under a misapprehension pilots were all professionals, possessing all the requisite characteristics inherent in being so described. There are, I concede, a handful of contributors to this site who display those qualities, but the vast majority are clearly a squabbling, puerile, rabble with a very poor grasp of language and an even poorer grasp of what constitutes professional conduct, even good manners."

Bad show, people.