PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Chief Pilots and the 'Old Boy' network . . .
Old 27th Aug 2001, 16:26
Holt CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LostinBRU et all, if this were a fair world then there would be no need for lawyers. I apologise to all on this site if I am perceived to have proffered opinion where it was not wanted. I unreservedly accept that this is a site for pilots. Since I am not one, I will happily withdraw from any further comment beyond these last:

The pilot I represent, a true professional by the way, warned me that I might be surprised when accessing this site. I am more than surprised. I am dumbfounded, for I laboured under a misapprehension that pilots were all professionals, possessing all the requisite characteristics inherent in being so described. There are, I concede, a handful of contributors to this site who display those qualities, but the vast majority are clearly a squabbling, puerile, rabble with a very poor grasp of language and an even poorer grasp of what constitutes professional conduct, even good manners. Hopefully, the majority of the truly professional among you avoid contribution to PPRuNe, as I will now do.

To lostinBRU and my other antagonists I say that you have collectively managed to shatter my confidence in flying. I will now always wonder whether I am in the hands of the truly competent professional pilot or the complete imbecile. I do not thank you for that, but bid you a very good day.

[ 27 August 2001: Message edited by: Holt CJ ]