PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seven and a half years
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2019, 09:42
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Originally Posted by Krystal n chips
Reading the many, and varied, threads and posts re flying training, just be thankful that engineer training was spared, albeit it was very close, the same fate of privatisation around 2008 -2010 in the form of "Metrix "......I hate clichés, but, allied to the fiasco being discussed, this would have produced the "perfect storm " as the plans were for Tri-Service training and a significantly diluted course content .

Has it been saved from dilution?, the dual trade course now for A/F Engines is now shorter than the single trade course I did, and the skill set of those leaving the RAF for industry I have found is poor in comparison. Indeed the ex RAF once the main source to industry is now a trickle due to low numbers and lack of skills, most companies now preferring in house training or sourced from civilian schools. It appears that gone are the days where you would do postings on different types and build up a broad knowlege base, these days it appears to be a single type for your career.