PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And the Best A320 Contract in Europe is?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2019, 18:51
Maxfli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
321LRs in a couple of years? ---- This Summer, in 2019

Originally Posted by Una Due Tfc
They'll be doing 321LR runs to NYC, BOS etc in a couple of years if that's people's thing.
2 A321LRs this summer I understand, more for winter and more again for 2020.
LH is about a 2 year wait and commuters tend to opt for West Coast US....LAX, SFO, SEA which are 3 day trips followed by 4 days off.
If you're senior enough you can go West on a Monday, back Wed midday, commute home and have Thurs - Sun at home.
Depending on check-in for next trip you may have to travel on Sunday to be in place to operate West on the Monday, most try and swap for a later check-in.

Yes..housing is expensive and tax is high, can't help you there but watch that space in UK shortly.
However, who else is offering the EI pilot pay-scale (PPJN is accurate) along with a DB final salary pension scheme with a 21% company contribution?
We don't have B747s.....so if you are set on flying them your choice is narrow and we haven't got 380s either, sorry nothing with more than 2 engines.
Nearly all recent departures have been pilots returning to their country of birth.
Some new joiners have come from BA to EI for the same reason.
Wide spectrum of new guys from the Desert, former residents of Iceland, 737 LCCs (blue & red) and regionals.

If anyone wants details pm me and I will attempt to get chapter & verse.
Best wishes to those looking for the home of their choice.