PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA DEP A320
Thread: BA DEP A320
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 12:42
Stocious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA has went down the drain in many ways from an employees point of few.
The recruitment team have worked very hard for years against very strict recruitment/cost policy, so that they can open up recruitment from different paths, including low houred modular pilots like yourself, and people still moan. Yes, a type-rating cost isn't ideal but it's a means to a pretty good career if you can stand it. How much is paying for your own ME/IR training these days with no job at the end of it? The recruitment team didn't want it, but this is the best they can get in present climate. They're still working on other recruitment paths as well.

I'm surprised there's anyone left in the recruitment team, I would have thought most would have walked by now to avoid having their own reputation tarnished by this madness. To emphasise, this is an airline who just this week announced 2.6 billion pounds profits. Investing in 100 new pilots type ratings would cost (much) less than 0.1% of those profits, but it would appear that any sense of social responsibility has now been long forgotten.

Another sad day for aviation....
Have a word with yourself. A career at BA is now open to thousands of fATPL holders when it previously wasn't - hardly a sad day for aviation.
The recruitment team are working hard to open up these avenues, including cadet schemes. The appetite is there, it's a case of getting approval from on high which is the current difficulty at BA.