PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 20:43
VJW

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RexBanner
FO can sling it down the runway at 130 knots with a twenty knot crosswind but can’t taxi it in a straight line at 3 knots and apply a little gentle braking to stop when the guidance tells them to. Makes perfect sense to me (sic). If the guidance is for the LHS only then whats wrong with a transfer of control to park on stand at the limited number of airfields that that situation applies to? Not exactly a hard remedy to a non existent problem really.

I agree it’s not really a big deal in the greater scheme of things but its an absolutely pathetic SOP.
I find it amazing this is getting so much air time (and was even asked as question 1 in the first place). How many SOP's do we have to do, while thinking some are good, some are annoying and some seem pointless? Bottom line is we don't own these aircraft, we are paid a pretty decent wage to operate them exactly as our employer (who do own them) wants us to. Very simple really. Personally I don't find it half as annoying being handed control before turning on to stand as I would briefing for a monitored approach on every sector.....