PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 14:47
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
January Route Analysis

[QUOTE=virginblue;10404835]Interesting figures above. There are some details that caught my attention, e.g. that Dusseldorf is such a strong destination from BHX (and als MAN) compared to other German airports including the two much larger airports of MUC and FRA. And what also strikes me is the extreme seasonality of Palma as a destination from the UK. You have dozens of daily flights to Palma from German airports in winter, so holiday patterns obvioulsy are very different (from the UK mostly beach goers, from Germany lots of holiday home owners etc.).

For BHX the links between the Midlands and Ruhr manufacturing bases have remained strong but in general BHX has always edged Manchester on the DUS route although even that has changed recently and Flybe seem to be redirecting the night-stop service to Manchester. Below is the January route analysis - usual credits CAA for the passenger figures, FR24 paid subscription for the rotations and load factor is estimated using various seat-map and airline websites.

Agadir and Vienna are ones that stand out ones for the wrong reasons but overall for January these are very good. I have added last years figures from my spreadsheet as well to compare and around two thirds see increased load factors but of course whether this improved yields we will probably never know.

Obviously probably a bit early to comment on the Flybe figures but some of these would have been booked after the press release of the intention to sell but only a few after the Virgin sale was announced.

Note. Found an error in Turkish and should have been obvious to me as the load factor was way high - average 116 pax 75%. No idea how I got to that figure.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 3rd Mar 2019 at 10:13. Reason: Error in Turksih figures