PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Chief Pilots and the 'Old Boy' network . . .
Old 27th Aug 2001, 03:37
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holt CJ, may I respectively point out that this is a forum for aviation professionals who are here to air their views and opinions (however distasteful they may be to you). You taking up vast amounts of space with legal blah simply turns off the readership. I am sure there is an excellent lawyer's forum which can lead to endless hours of entertainment trapping people in their words and making them appear to say what they never intended to say etc, etc. Your talents might be better placecd there.

Darth Vader's Lovechild made some excellent comments that we as professional pilots would do well to listen to. Guys like him call the shots, and I am delighted to see that he checks out those whom he might employ. There are a few bad apples out there and no employer wants to touch them. Were we all to listen to the politically correct lawyer-speak out there we would find ourselves having to take on virtually anyone who shows the vaguest interest in flying whether they have a licence or not. The way recruitment is going in this country, a potential employer is less and less able to discover anything meaningful about the background and capabliities of his potential employees. We end up with teachers who cannot teach, nurses who cannot make beds, engineers who are not numerate and pilots who cannot fly planes. All this talk of just recruitment is in fact the ultimate injustice. The most undeserving and least able end up getting the best jobs at the direct expense of those who would make great employees.