PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2019, 15:19
Polorutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by monquay

So questions wise,
1. Can EZY FO's really not park?! seems odd to me!
2. Can FO's call stop? surprised me during the sim check when the skipper took over the thrust levers on TO, hadn't seen that coming.
3. Is the atmosphere at Easy as relaxed as it seemed during the recruitment day?
4. How often do trips change on the roster? as a general rule I don't mind what I do on a particular day at work but I would like to know when i'm not working!
5. Hows LTN as a base?
6. Any other up to date factors which may influence my decision to take/ not take and offer
1- It’s SOP for CM1 to park, I think it harkens back to when we had 737’s with the tiller only on the LHS. Current logic is that a lot of the parking aids are LHS only.

2- CM1 has the responsibility to call stop. The skipper is the only one with his hands on the thrust levers. As PM you can bring anything to CM1’s attention but the responsibility lies with CM1

3- I don’t know how things are in BA but we’re pretty relaxed in Orangeland.

4- After roster publication your days off are
sacred, they will not change and you have the ability to refuse certain changes to your schedule within 48 hours of your duty. If you opt for fixed roster you can extrapolate your days off for years in the future with the exception of the reserve months (2 a year) where you have flexible roster. Within your working days you can experience disruption but our fatigue management system is not punitive and can be used if you’re not feeling up to the task.

Can’t help you with 5 or 6 as I haven’t been LTN based or worked at BA. PM me if you have any more questions.

Kind Regards

Polo

LHS LGW