PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2019, 15:13
LlamaFarmer

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by monquay

1. Can EZY FO's really not park?! seems odd to me!
Correct. PF taxis in after landing, and if that is the FO, then just approaching stand hands control to CM1 (Cpt) who parks, CM2 (FO, or RHS LTC) does the parking checklist and post-flight paperwork. Probably partly due to some of the guidance screens only being configured for the LHS, but mostly probably due to insurance costs given most FOs are pretty inexperienced compared to legacy/charter airlines. Exception to that is remote holding, which is holding not parking.

2. Can FO's call stop? surprised me during the sim check when the skipper took over the thrust levers on TO, hadn't seen that coming.
Also correct. FO calls what they see, captain makes the decision to Stop/Go. Exception being if there is a Trainer on the jump seat then they can also call stop if agreed with the operating captain agrees, or during command assessment at the end of command line training (where you fly with an ordinary FO in the RHS). Again, probably due to FO experience.

3. Is the atmosphere at Easy as relaxed as it seemed during the recruitment day? For the most part it's very relaxed, lots of brilliant people, really enjoyable days out.

4. How often do trips change on the roster? as a general rule I don't mind what I do on a particular day at work but I would like to know when i'm not working!
Roster stability can be hit and miss, but your days off are your days off, and you can refuse to operate into them (ie delayed duty on your last day of work, looks like it'll be landing at 1am, you can decline to work that duty). If you choose to, then you get a WIDO payment, either 1/2 rate or full rate (plus another day off) depending on how long into your day off. Often there'll be lots of roster instability in summer, but we have BALPA-agreed short notice change refusals... where we can reject a change within 48 hours if it's more than 2 hours different.

5. Hows LTN as a base?
Pass, I'm not based there.

6. Any other up to date factors which may influence my decision to take/ not take them up on an offer?
Joining as a DEC SFO, you'd be eligible to start the command process within 6 months of joining, so could realistically be in the LHS within a two years. No seniority to worry about, preferential bidding system for earlys/lates/nightstops/etc. Terms are always improving here, and fatigue management is getting better too, they're years ahead of other airlines on that one.

I'm hearing of several colleagues who left to BA who are regretting it and wanting to come back. Some got SH LGW, some got SH LHR, some got DEP LH. At least one of each wants to come back to EZY... I'd say up to 1/3 are not happy with their move!