PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2019, 13:54
monquay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

reviving a fairly old thread now but trying to find out how peeps who have jumped BA to EZY are finding it? I am RHS A320 LHR and finding it not what I hoped for!

I am in the EZY hold pool now for a (hopefully) SFO LTN placement (they seemed quite certain I would be OK with that). I am not interested in Long haul (need to be at home as often as poss, disabled child at home), Inefficiency really winds me up and 1:15 drive each way is starting to aggravate an old back injury (LTN is only 25 mins away).

So questions wise,
1. Can EZY FO's really not park?! seems odd to me!
2. Can FO's call stop? surprised me during the sim check when the skipper took over the thrust levers on TO, hadn't seen that coming.
3. Is the atmosphere at Easy as relaxed as it seemed during the recruitment day?
4. How often do trips change on the roster? as a general rule I don't mind what I do on a particular day at work but I would like to know when i'm not working!
5. Hows LTN as a base?
6. Any other up to date factors which may influence my decision to take/ not take them up on an offer?

I have spoken to a few peeps and read the thread, just have this nagging doubt in the back of my head that going BA to EZY shouldn't make sense, but the evidence doesn't support it.

hope all well