PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL(A) with an SSEA rating
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2019, 08:55
much2much

Location: England that central part of Britian between Ecosse and Occupied France
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSEA is totally acceptable on PPL A(as Beagle says see ANO, (there are multiple reference to it,s validity in other places)
I searched the ANO, ORS4,'s,AIC 'S and other documents for changes over the years.

My licences (PPL)was re issued ,by the CAA with SSEA ,after a GST on a singe, since my PPL had been lost ,my professional license expired, and i could not meet the requirements of a class 2.
They would not issue a duplicate without a current rating and appropriate medical, this option was hopefully, to at least keep expired ratings on the Back page,(not a complete success.)

In that SEP could at the time be used with a self cert , but NOT re-validated, or issued

The idea been to re-validate my F/I once recovery from heart surgery was complete(dreaded tread mill),and to enable me to remain current.
Otherwise it meant it meant SSEA test NPPL issue ,medical SEP test reissue of PPL ££££
This way i could re validate SEP along with the F/I
The LAA kindly added the SSEA., and dealt with the CAA on my behalf.after much debate with them ,and the CAA
One of the problems i have come across are with reference to some exemption,which it has not been specified in, such as it's, validity outside UK airspace even with a ICAO medical and appropriate ,experience paperwork.
And bewildered examiners.

AND can any one answer this please? Licensing is indeed complex, i know some one who only fly microlight on an EASA PPL and get it signed ,bi anually by an Examiner after a bi annual in a microlight , no GST NO LPC ,NO time on a Group A ,have they got this wrong or has it changed??