PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Force landing, and they all walked away.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 17:27
Good Business Sense

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Global_Global
EASA creates the rules with all the stakeholders like the NAA's and other parties that want to have a say like AOPA, unions, etc. The delegated authority, reads in this case the UK CAA, is responsible for enforcement.
EASA are also supposed to do a financial impact analysis - try and get a copy of that - whilst you're there ask for a list of the AOC Holders, flying clubs and insurers that thought that "cost sharing", in it's current form, was a good idea.

The consultation was flawed in many ways - I didn't respond to the consultation because the "cost sharing" rule change was proposed to allow fellow pilots, club members and friends to share costs (nothing wrong with that I thought). The CAA wrote a great deal during the consultation and even well after the law was passed emphasising the "cost sharing" rules that I've just mentioned (I've got screenshots of all) - Suddenly, third party agents such as Wingly etc appeared employing PPLs to fly the general public who had bought flights and gift cards from their website - Gift cards can also be bought and given to people/third parties who had no idea (probably the same as the purchaser) what Cost sharing, PPLs etc etc all means. So like SALA they were unable to assess the safety aspects of the flight accurately for themselves i.e. whether they wished to take the risk associated with flying with someone who has 55 hours total time or with a commercially licensed AOC operation.

Sadly, it wasn't long before the CAA did a complete 180 by removing the advised restrictions and towing the EASA party line.