PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETCONNECT CONDITIONS
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2019, 03:43
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
-edit- Wantobe above beat me to it and has new contract figures.

JC captains used to be paid around $160k in year one then $170k in years 2+ along with a $20-$25k retention bonus paid annually on your anniversary - if you left prior to that date, you got nothing.

FO’s were about $90k Year 1 and $100k Years 2+ then a $10-$15k retention bonus.

However, I believe they finally (after years of failed negotiations) ratified a new contract (which I don’t have) so make sure any info you get applies to the new one.

All of the JC Aircraft (which they didn’t own anyway) have been moved from ZK to VH regos giving QF more flexibility and reduced costs. This makes JC even more of a “crewing supplier” as they no longer have a fleet of specific Aircraft to crew. They could provide 50 Pilots or 500 at the whim of QF. Is this one more nail in the coffin for the future of JC or a step closer to integration with Mainline similar to VANZ went through with Virgin?

Crystal ball stuff, but if it were me, I’d consider J* a safer option long term. But if you want a quick Command to take overseas then JC is probably quicker. I believe J* NZ has been crewed with AUS Captains lately rather than upgrading local FO’s.