PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Chief Pilots and the 'Old Boy' network . . .
Old 25th Aug 2001, 19:57
beaver eager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

It's a bit of a red herring to suggest that in the scenario to which I referred earlier, that the applicant concerned had had the sim used against him as a weapon.

It did not become common knowledge that he had even applied to the company until after he had already passed the interview. You can be sure that were it to have been widely known that the individual had applied, he would not have even made it to interview.

As Darth Vaders Love-child has pointed out, there is a lot of good information available from one's existing line pilots, and when several proferred the same poor opinion of this chap, our recruitment department would have shyed away at the application stage.

As nobody knew about his application until he had already passed the interview, but it was then obvious that the individual was not the sort of person wanted here, I don't see a problem in him not being selected folling his sim check.

Perhaps I phrased it badly before... I obviously don't know exactly how his sim check went (not having been present). When I said his sim check went badly, I meant that he was unsuccessful in landing the job having completed it!

Does that sound better?