PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beoing CP resigns
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2019, 13:07
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummmm no, sir--we don't have a retention problem.

'Scuse me, I've got an interview in an hour.

Sometimes it takes awhile to see and accept the situation as presented. Or you think you can fix things, adapt to them, or make them better (and later realize you cannot). Pilots are notorious at trying to be 'fixers.'

The imposition of POS 18 was a huge flare; the only question became "Would anyone actually sign up for this POS." But it showed the cards (or at least the cards Management was striving for). To date, got no idea if entrances are greater than exits or even if we can train those entering. But rather than strive for excellence, POS 18 shows race to the bottom. And management's "vision."

It's possible (through CC/TB/strike, industrial action, etc.) that reasonable conditions can be advanced and achieved. It'll probably take a strike but that's a guess and in the Sun Tzu mantra I'm not sure if folks have the balls to do this (then again, you get less to lose every day). But several years have happened between the time it was started and now; several years being generations in OTHER career airlines and for people who can work there (like in the US) it's booming. It just becomes a question of getting out of the Las Vegas syndrome, shelving your fears, and going for the gold. So IF you are here for a flying career, you probably need to be outta here like yesterday. If you are here to see some friends, chase some what not, beam around asia, see the world, and things not flying career oriented it might make sense to ride it out and pull the pin. Making life manageable in the process and figuring out a way to enjoy things (with the advance knowledge that little of this has to do with anything job related).

I'm not a mind reader, but I suspect many of us are driven and lured to be a part of something great, and for the thrill of building something worthwhile (whether or not it makes money or booms or busts isn't really an issue--you hope for a boom but if you don't get it that's historically not been a big dear; money is such a small thing that such a big deal is made over). The thrill of REAL flying. And toward the thrill of the feeling that comes with chasing these opportunities. To be a part of something (that one perceives) as being great. And this is one very destructive thing that's happened; management has killed this feeling here (despite the HUGE talent we have). So the only place to look is elsewhere.

It's all about the journey and I wish him good luck.