PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going downhill
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2019, 13:21
KelvinD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last time (in fact probably the only time) I flew Emirates was many moons ago from Heathrow to Manila via Dubai, when the airline was fairly new. I don't remember what type of aircraft they were but the one thing I do remember was the seats. After an hour from Heathrow it became obvious that the seat cushions were thinner and less comfortable than something one might find on a church pew! By the time we alighted at Dubai I could barely walk. After a couple of hours respite in Dubai, it was back on board the next one to Manila. For some reason, the seat cushions were not quite as vicious as those on the first leg, but less than comfortable. An experience unpleasant enough to remember that when I was working in Saudi Arabia between 2011 & 2013, my trips home from Abha with FlyDubai to Dubai to London on BA.
olympus: In my time in Saudi, I used to have to leave every month for visa purposes so I used to go to Dubai for a night (and a decent drink!) I used to fly with FlyDubai from Abha to Dubai and the trip around the airport to and from the terminal FlyDubai were using was interesting. If my trip was going to be onward to Heathrow, I had to take a transfer bus from the FlyDubai terminal to the one being used by BA and this bus ran around an interior perimeter road, past the noses of massed ranks of Emirates aircraft. This was like the aircraft equivalent of the massed bands of Emirates 777! Hordes of them!