PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2019, 21:42
skysook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Random22
I joined Skywest knowing that I could progress onto the f100 or the a320. Now with the way the ATR operation is, I would have to interview and pass a sim to be ‘approved’ to fly a jet with the employer I initially signed with.

Essentially the ATR pilot group is an unwanted/reject pilot group, neither wanted by Skywest or VA. If you do join on the ATR, join knowing that there will be no career progression and that since you ‘only fly a turboprop’ you may never be deemed ‘suitable’ to fly a jet.

Random22

According to this post you claim to have joined Skywest. However, in your previous post you were claiming entitlements because you had worked for the “VA group for 8+ years”. So which airline did you actually interview for and accept a position with? If it’s Skywest just remember that you’re part of the group by default (Virgin buys Skywest and now you’re on the list). Most VA737 drivers around you actually targeted VA mainline and got in. They’re on the list because they intended to be and not by default. So decide which one it is. Did you join Skywest or Virgin?