PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A thread to get me over 10 posts
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2019, 14:41
Jhieminga

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Interesting approach. Reminds me of the occasion where I used a planned visit to a company at another airfield to get some landings in. I flew out there, did a touch and go and a full stop landing so that after the flight back home I would have three landings in my logbook for the day, making me legal for passenger carrying for the next 90 days (I hadn't flown for several months by then). After visiting the company I got back to the Cessna and during start up received a request from the radio operator: could I take a passenger back to my home airfield. He had ferried an aircraft and it would save him a trip home by train. I then explained that I would gladly do so, but I was one landing away from being legal. The counter-offer was that I could do a single circuit and land (at no charge), so that I would then be legal to carry the passenger. Fine by me! So off I went around the circuit, and I shut down again at the ramp to pick up my passenger, only to be told that he had somehow already left by train.... So I flew back solo.

Nothing to do with your conundrum, but I figured we might as well share some stories here....