PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2019, 14:53
Tobias0501

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at applying for L3 Acadamey ATPL Course

Hello everyone,

New member here! Apologies if I've posted this in the incorrect space, i'm still getting to grips with the forum. I have dreamt of being a pilot from a very young age, and have done a couple of small flights in light aircraft recently and am now hooked.

I'm looking at applying for the L3 Academy for 2020 (I believe 2019 has already closed as couldn't find this on their website?) I had a few questions regarding transition from academy to job, and also funding.

I have looked around, but the only kind of funding I can find is Pegasus personal loans, but these need to be secured against property, which at 23 I do not own. I don't really have anything to go towards it currently, as I don't have a high salary. So i'd be looking to borrow the full £96,800 they quote for training. They also require the loan to be paid back from a month after taking the loan out, which I cannot understand how anyone would be able to as in training you're not earning? Does anyone of alternative funding available? Unfortunately my parents aren't a possibility for loaning the money to me, which is another recommendation I saw.

Secondly on completion of all training, how easy was it to get a job? L3 state they have a team dedicatd to getting you employed almost straight out of graduation?

Thanks,

Tobias