PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking about quitting
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2019, 11:31
Chris Martyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan09.
One thing that you haven't mentioned is your Instructor[s] . What sort of relationship do you have with him/her/them . Also , how do you find the school in which you are learning ? and would you be happy telling them your feelings ? and if you did , what sort of reaction would you anticipate ?
I am sure that many here , like myself , have flown with a whole raft of different Instructors during training , check flights, BFR renewals,,etc,,etc,,and believe you me , no two are the same . They can have quali's coming out of their ears and be the steely-eyed ace of the base . But if they cannot radiate their knowledge and enthusiasm to the person next to them , then they should be off the field . Unfortunately , they are all out there .
Whereabouts are you learning ? By that I mean which part of the UK. If you're on a busy field surrounded by lots of busy airspace , then maybe that is a contributory factor which you didn't realise was creating a negative impact on your enjoyment . And it is supposed to be enjoyment - not some mental torture that you endure just to show you can do it .

Finally : Have you ever heard of an organisation called the LAA ? If not , give 'em a 'google' , you may find there's a whole world of GA flying out there that you never knew existed.........