PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit Expired JAR License Trap?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2019, 18:35
BONES_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by homonculus
So please remind us how long the CAA took to move bits of paper before the Brexit thingee...... What evidence do you have of them being overwhelmed???? Telsboy's post is bang on. The sun will rise on 30th March. The EU has already passed enabling regulations for aircraft to continue to fly. Lettuces will continue to arrive from Spain
You seem a bit tense, chill out...

No one here has claimed lettuces will stop coming from Spain... and yes, aircraft will continue to fly after 29th March 2019. However, the CAA themselves are admitting they are experiencing high levels of workload. You don’t have to travel much in time to realise few years ago the standard turnaround time for licence issue was 10 working days. And I remember receiving my CPL and eventually my ATPL within that time frame or so. But recently it has all slowed down: I believe the standard turnaround time is now 4-5 weeks. Many things have changed recently down in Gatwick: e-licensing, counter service (day service), staffing level and experience. The increased workload to generate doc 155 is certainly not helping.

But don’t take my word for it! Feel free to speak to any examiner, instructor or inspector. Or AME. Or maybe just check the CAA website. I’ll even hyperlink it for you too https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-ind...-applications/

You are welcome