PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL Air UK/LEJ ASSESSMENT
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2019, 11:12
EAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dboy
Hi

I got also the invitation.

Biggest issue for me is the LEJ base. My wife and i bought recently a house in the Belgium. But getting a flat in LEI and having a mortgage is for me financially not viable. On top of that my wife is working in Belgium as well.

I do have a question about the roster: if you are 8 days “on”, are you 8 days (nights)away and the last day coming back to base or are you coming back every single day? If the first option is being done, it allows me to commute back to Brussels, if not, i might have to forget the whole thing.

I dont find an answer, someone provide me an answer?

Ok, so you need to think about this:

If you want to commute you will be offered a part time contract which I think is about 80-90% if you live in Belgium (depends on the distance where you live).
So only 80-90% of your salary but more days off.
After one year you might have the chance to go on what we call 9n5 with a full contract, 9 days on, 5 days off, but the 9on include a rest day at the beginning and the end.
like jumpseating to LEJ on Monday evening, back on Tuesday morning the following week.

If you want a full contract you need to take your residence in Leipzig and the opportunities to jumpseat home are very limited.