PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Condition admissions
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2019, 11:11
OutsideCAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The current situation is not going to last. We all know that. If we ask too much from our employers, knowing that we are irreplaceable right now, they will perceive that as a kind of blackmail (at least mine would). And retaliate at the first opportunity. I've been in this business for nearly 30 years. The ups and downs come every five to eight years. With the tops and bottoms higher and deeper every time. Personally I will not ask anything extra from my employer now, only because I could. Because I know him as a man of honour and therefore I am confident that he will not replace me with a desperate unemployed 10.000hour airline captain in three or four years time when these become available again at 1/3 of my present salary. And they will, rest assured!
Your right to a degree. But its not blackmail and while i cannot speak for your current employer i know for a fact that employers take full advantage of any suppressed demand for pilots, so business demands this and also that the employee should also take full advantage as well. You believe otherwise at your peril as they are in business to make money, as are you. Its a nice idea being a man of honour but trust me that your employer will drop you like a hot potato should the market place demand it whether or not you are loyal. Sad i know.