PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Condition admissions
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2019, 09:38
Globally Challenged

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
You missed the operator name and a few other things ...

Operator: TAG Aviation UK (each operation/aircraft is different with different T&Cs) so this will give a rough guide to the company as a whole.

Position: FO

Number of crew: To cover our 2 aircraft, 8 (5 Cpt, 3 FO), 5 flight attendants (who have a much better roster as there are so many of them)

Base: varies. We all live in Europe and positioning provided to the two aircraft based in Paris and Tokyo

Type: Challenger 605

Rating: provided free of charge with a bond

Salary: £61800 (plus I get £3k for additional non-flying duties) captains on £103k I think. We usually get 3% annual pay rise. I suspect not everyone is on the same deal

Per diems: varies and claimed based on spending (you are not supposed to profit from this but some do) average £15 breakfast, £ 25 lunch, £35 dinner, £10 (this £10 you do claim automatically and is not based on spending)

Minimum hotel rating: it’s not specified but crew generally book their own and we generally go for 4-5 star

breakfast included: typically yes (but no specific rule) - and crew food is part of catering order for the passengers, we usually ask for what we like when the catering order is done

pension: just above the legally required minimum. I think the company matches your contribution up to 5%

health plan: You are included, your family are extra monthly costs

schooling: None - but we all live where we choose and free state schools where I live in the UK are good quality.

flight tickets: Economy or prem economy for longer (6+ hour flights). This is a sore point for some of us when positioning to Tokyo etc.

roster: A sore point for me. There is a notional roster supposed to be published by the 15th of the month for the following month. However it is frequently changed right up till the last day of the month concerned. (The last change for Jan 2019 roster was 28th Jan!!). The only days which are guaranteed off are booked leave days - you will be expected to work on rostered OFF days if they ask you - which happens several times a year.

transfer: All paid

recurrent: twice a year at CAE

extras: optional subsidised Loss Of Licence insurance. Internal freelance paid to operate other jets in the company (£750-950 per day)

happy?: I resigned before Christmas due to unstable roster and lack of any upgrade (dead mans shoes with oldest current captain 6-7 years from retirement). There is ALOT of complaining down route among most (but not all) about the roster.

I think that that covers it