PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Condition admissions
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2019, 06:06
uberwang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condition admissions

Hello everybody,

The market has has changed lately to favour the pilot with people flowing to airlines and opportunities opening up in the business sector..

Having spoken to various people within the industry I found there is quite a disparity between conditions and so I thought I’d ask here what you think are minimum requirements that pilots should receive.

There are many different types of Ops, long range Global 5000, Falcon 8X or Gulfstream 550/650 types, Midrange Falcon 2000, Gulfstream 450, Challenger 350, and the short ranged Cjs, Gulfstream 150, and Premiers for example. Obviously you can’t expect five star hotels on a CJ or a five figure monthly salary on a G450 on the right seat... but what can you expect as a minimum? Are owners and operators being fair or greedy?

Best available 4 star hotel? 200 dollars per diems? Breakfast included on top?, business class flights unrestricted? Crew meals, proceed home when no flights scheduled or stay near to aircraft? Health plan? Schooling for kids? Company car? Choice of pillow... what would wet your appetite and what would make you look elsewhere?

This is a very broad question but thought it might spark a debate and give rise to some interesting perspectives.

Perhaps we could format it for simplicity.

Type:
Salary: (perhaps this is a little private)
Per diems:
Minimum hotel rating:
breakfast included:
health plan
schooling:
flight tickets:
roster:
transfer:
extras:

Have I missed anything big there?

Thanks

Uberwang