PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - where next?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2003, 08:26
glynn-kayes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently,JET2 have had a fantastic response to their LBA-BFS route launch so far with nearly all weekend flights in both directions being sold out,even though they sold all the seats for just a £1 each way,for november.I,ve tried to book some seats for the end of november and the response is "sorry flight full".Unlike others on this forum I think FLYBE have their work cut out for them what with another route to contend with as far as competition goes,and FLYBE dont like competition.When faced with it, they sell seats at £0.00 and just charge the tax but how long can they last charging nowt for a flight.Id love to work in their revenue management dept for a day.FLYBE boast of 38% pax figures more this year but thats all down to all their new bases and increased flying programme but id bet their yeild per pax is down way low.I wonder what their percentage figure is at bhd for pax lost what with BMI and EASYJET at BFS competing on all the routes they used to charge a fortune for.I bet they dont post those figures on their website