PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado on the ramp causes chaos in turkey - video
Old 27th Jan 2019, 09:41
pilotmike

Received 73 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
Called a water spout. Why can't people take videos in landscape??
What a pity Ol' Cap'n Grouch didn't see the beauty I saw in the perfectly presented portrait of the tornado. What I truly appreciated about the video was the way the shot was composed precisely to capture the orientation and aspect ratio of the tornado itself, by cleverly orientating their filming equipment to give a taller rather than wider view. My viewing pleasure would have been severely curtailed if the shot had cut off either the top or the bottom of the tornado, whilst simultaneously distracting my attention with unwanted detail in the peripheries to the left and right of the main event. Although the tornado laid waste the landscape as best it could, for me, it presented a near perfect portrait.

Thinking about it, just as well it didn't happen in some Antipodean place, or the camera operator would have had to stand on their head to capture the full dramatic impact - for the perfect portrait of course!

As for Ol' Cap'n's other rant - What, a spout? Chill ol' Cap'n. Stop spout'n off!

Last edited by pilotmike; 27th Jan 2019 at 11:23.